Windows Longhorn FAQ erschienen

TraXX

Ex-Admin
Windows Longhorn wasn das?? Fragt ihr euch jetz.

Das ist die nächste Release nach Windows XP.
Aber nicht zu empfehlen, da es nur eine ME Version ist, und damit meine ich als Vergleich ME ist wie 98 nur andere symbole, so ist Longhorn wie XP blos andere style.

Nächster guter Release Windows BlackComb 2005
Aber bis dahin is noch Zeit ;)

<blockquote>
<b><i><font color=00FF00>Q: What is "Longhorn"?</font></i></b>
A: Longhorn is the next version of Windows, which will follow Windows XP. You might think of it as Windows XP Second Edition, since this release is expected to be a fairly minor upgrade. The verson of Longhorn will probably be 5.2 (Windows 2000 was 5.0; XP is 5.1).

<b><i><font color=00FF00>Q: How do we know this is real?I thought the next version of Windows was called "Blackcomb".</font></i></b>
A: Longhorn was revealed by Windows product manager Tom Laemmel, who I met July 17 during a press tour. Laemmel spilled the beans to eWeek a few days later, and Microsoft executive vice president Jim Allchin verified that a new interim release, Longhorn, would ship before Blackcomb, which will be a major release.

<b><i><font color=00FF00>Q: So when will Longhorn ship?</font></i></b>
A: Microsoft says we can expect Longhorn in late 2002 or early 2003; I think the latter date is more realistic.

<b><i><font color=00FF00>Q: What's up with the name "Longhorn"?</font></i></b>
A: As I first revealed in WinInfo, the name wasn't chosen randomly. Remember that Windows XP was code-named "Whistler" and the next major version of Windows is code-named Blackcomb. Both of these names come from ski areas in British Columbia, close to Microsoft's headquarters. At the foot of Whistler Mountain, there is a saloon named Longhorn that serves the local skiing population. So if you're ever in the area and want to take in some local color, Longhorn is a nice stop… after you're done with Whistler.

<b><i><font color=00FF00>Q: So what will be new and different in Longhorn?</font></i></b>
A: Maybe not much. Though speculation on Longhorn continues, it's beginning to seem that this is going to be a truly minor release with only small, Windows 98 SE-like change. At a Gartner conference in October 2001, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer confirmed that the truly new stuff was still "two Windows releases away." In other words, Blackcomb will be huge. But Longhorn? I guess we'll see.
</blockquote>

Back
Top Bottom