Liquid TaeJa

Erinnert Ihr Euch noch an meinen Thread: SlayerS schrumpft? Nun, nachdem vor kurzem GanZi bei coL aka Complexity untergekommen ist, hat nun auch der 2te ehemalige SlayerS Terra ein neues Team gefunden. Team Liquid - das Team der gleichnamigen Page - konnte die aktuelle ELO Nummer 1 des koreanischen Raums verpflichten.

taeja.jpg

Stats von TaeJa (TLPD)​

[spoil=Interview von TL mit TaeJa]First, could you introduce yourself briefly? How did you start playing Starcraft, and what made you decide to become a progamer?
Liquid`TaeJa: Hello, my name is Yun Young Seo and I'm a 17 year old Terran player.
My parents ran a PC Bang (net cafe) when I was in kindergarten, and that's how I encountered Starcraft. I first tried Starcraft 2 when the open beta started in August of 2010. I thought it was pretty fun so I kept playing the game, and I ended up getting good and placed high on the ladder.
While I was debating whether I should pursue gaming or continue my studies, my Korean teacher suggested I try out for the GSL preliminaries. I was able to make it through the qualifiers, and I made my GSL debut that way. I resumed my studies after that, but I felt that it just didn't fit me. My parents were very against it when I told them I would play Starcraft II professionally, but with my brother's help I was able to become a progamer.

You lost in your first official match against eventual championship FruitDealer back in GSL Open Season 1. What did you think about your debut match? What kind of experience was it for you?
Liquid`TaeJa: Back then, I was studying hard, even staying for evening study sessions at school. I was barely able to practice, so I told myself I'd just participate for the sake of the experience. I got a walkover in the RO64, so I think I got too nervous for the RO32 match. Since then, I always tell myself not to get nervous when I play games.

You were with SlayerS for a long time. What kind of team was SlayerS? What's your favorite memory with them?
Liquid`TaeJa: SlayerS is better off financially than other teams, and the team has a real mental center. More than anything, Jessica takes good care of all of the members, and I think it was a really great team. The all-kill I scored against ZeNEX in the GSTL would be my most memorable moment.

ASUS ROG Assembly Winter was your first tournament outside Korea. What was it like for you? What kind of impression did you receive from the foreign fans?
Liquid`TaeJa: I think foreign fans are very passionate and active. They cheer loudly, clap a lot, and it's just a better atmosphere than Korea. At Assembly Winter, a lot of people asked me for autographs, and it surprised me a lot. It's very different, and I'm really looking forward to going to IPL4.

You have a Code S match very soon, and you're going up against some very tough opponents in Group A (Jjakji, TheStC, DongRaeGu). Are you confident in your ability to get through?
Liquid`TaeJa: There are two previous champions in my group, but I think it will go well if I play hard.

What are your goals for the long and short term?
Liquid`TaeJa: In the short run, I just want to produce some noticeable results. In the long run, my goal is the same as any progamer, which is to win a championship

Finally, could you say a few words for your fans in English?
Liquid`TaeJa: Hello my fans ! Nice to meet you
My name is YoungSeo Yun.
Please always cheer me
Thanks for everything.
Team Liquid Fighting![/spoil]

Morgen ab 11 CET könnt Ihr TaeJa in der GSL Gruppe A Ro32 live erleben (Gruppe mit DRG, TheStC und Jjakji). Sein Stream wird künftig hier zu finden sein: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/LiquidTaeja

TL Roster
Y3dar.jpg

Quelle: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=323871

Hm so langsam haben TL nen starkes Line Up. Gut TLO, Haypro und Jinro kann man aktuell in die Tonne kloppen, aber Hero, Sheth, Ret und Zenio sind gut in Form.

Zenio ist ja heute leider knapp an nem stark verbesserten July gescheitert und muss sich nun ab Ro32 in Code A wieder Richtung S kämpfen ^^

Es fällt generell auf, dass viele Koris mittlerweile bei ausländischen Teams anheuern um vllt gerade ausserhalb von Korea vom großen eSport Kuchen abzugreifen.
Puma, MC und wie die alle heißen, habens ja vorgemacht.

Die jüngeren SC2 Kori Teams haben halt net die Kohle wie die alten BW Teams - meist muss sich die Bezahlung erspielt werden. SlayerS ist dabei Dank BoxeR und seinem Ruf noch eins der reicheren Teams. Umso erstaunlicher war der Abgang von GanZi und Taeja. Beide standen aber wohl zu sehr im Schatten von MMA. Dazu noch Ryung - da waren sie oft sogar nur Nr. 3/4 bei den Ts. SlayerS hat dazu einen zurück gekehrten Coca (Z) und einen Puzzle als Top-P. Dennoch wird man sich da nun auch verstärken müssen. GanZi und Taeja waren trotz der etwas schwächeren Rollen bei SlayerS dennoch 1A Free Agents und wollten eben ein gesicherteres Einkommen (das haben viele der eben älteren und damit gestandeneren Foreigner Teams), dazu reisen Sie so öfters (meist nicht so viel Top Konkurrenz im neuen Team). TaeJa im speziellen wollte öfter zu internationalen Events. Er hat da wohl zuletzt Blut geleckt auf der IPL/IEM? Ging bei SlayerS net immer - man hat viel Auswahl und eben auch genug in Korea zu tun (GSL, GSTL). Dazu war TaeJa weniger im Teamhaus und fokussierte sich auf Online Events (ESV Weekly). Passt damit auch leichter in ein Foreigner Team.

haben die spieler den bei TL wirklich ein besseres einkommen als z.b. bei Slayers?

Das kann wohl niemand mit Sicherheit sagen, aber was ich mal vor knapp 2 Jahren von TLO gehört habe, verdient er zw. 1000 € und 1500€ Netto/Monat bei TL ...

Back
Top Bottom